6 of the Best Delivery Driver Jobs Near Me
Delivery Driver Jobs Near Me
Looking for Delivery Driver Jobs?
Well, you’re in the right place. Today we are going to discuss the BEST delivery driving jobs.
We pride ourselves on sharing the whole story here on Tried and True.No company is perfect, so we’ll tell you both the good and bad about each delivery job and let you decide for yourself if it’s worth signing up for.
I’ve read a lot of complaints about delivery driver jobs and I think it’s unfair because these companies have been upfront with their policies.
These are all Independent Contractor positions, which means you are contracted to perform work or provide services to another entity as a non-employee.
So, the wear and tear on your vehicle. You pay for it. You get into an accident while driving, it’s on your dime. Benefits? There are none. Pay taxes? Yes.
Side Note: If you’re in need of health insurance, see what others who are self-employed are using and how you can get health insurance here.
While it might seem unfair, it is important to understand the policy and choose whether or not you’re okay with it before you sign up.
These food delivery driver jobs are simply a way for you to make extra money on the side.
I’ve also read complaints that there can be long wait times to pick up orders, but I believe this is just an opportunity to make more money.
Here is a list of ways to make money from home and some of these can be done in your free time while you’re waiting on orders.
If you want to make decent money with these jobs you will have to hustle. Are you a hustler? You can sign up for one, or all delivery driver jobs we listed to increase your chances to make more money.
These delivery driver jobs are part-time or you can make them full-time. You choose your own schedule and deliver when you want.
Also, be sure to consider becoming a Notary Loan Signing Agent. This will require driving to different locations, but it is a great way to earn extra money.
You can see how John Flick earns $5k-$7K per month only working 3-4 days a week and how you can too in my How to become a loan signing agent article.
The delivery driving companies on this list all have slightly different hiring requirements but have these in common:
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Have consistent access to a vehicle
- Have a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- Ability to lift between 30-40 lbs with or without any accommodation
If you like to drive, enjoy interacting with people, or really just need to make some money fast you’ll definitely want to consider these companies. All of these delivery jobs are hiring now.
These delivery driving positions are beyond your typical Pizza Delivery Driver Jobs and can have great earning potential.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
Here are The Best Paying Food Delivery Driver Jobs
DoorDash is one of the best delivery driver jobs, you simply pick up and drop off to-go orders from local restaurants.
You must be 18 years or older to apply, Have access to a vehicle or bicycle (any car, truck, motorcycle, or scooter), Pass a background and driving record check, and Complete an orientation online or in person.
DoorDash has something called FastPay where you can also get paid the same day, even on weekends. In order to qualify for FastPay, you have to complete 25 deliveries and have dashed for at least two weeks.
Related article: How to become a DoorDash driver
Here’s How DoorDash Works:
- Get activated – Sign up for DoorDash to get you on your way.
- Get ready – Pick up the basics of Dashing, some gear, and the iOS or Android app.
- Get paid – Turn on the app, accept some orders, and start bringing home the bacon.
Pros of delivering with DoorDash
- Get paid weekly with the option to get paid the same day
- Choose your own schedule, very flexible
Cons of delivering with DoorDash
- The mileage fee is fairly low
- Pick up times can be long
- Parking can be tough if you’re in a busy city
How much can you earn?According to Indeed, DoorDash drivers make an average of $18 per hour, plus 100% of tips.
If you treat these courier jobs as side hustles DoorDash is definitely the first one to consider.
Instacart is a great way to make money fast. All you have to do is search “delivery jobs near me” and this will be one of the options. Full-Service Shoppers receive orders through the Instacart app and then shop and deliver groceries to the customer’s door. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
The hiring process is quick and easy.
It takes only a couple days to get started once you sign up. You will receive a debit card to do the shopping and be paid within that same week!
Related Article: How to become an Instacart Shopper
Here’s How it Works
- On the app, you will get visibility to all available options within the time frame you want to work
- Choose your schedule
- Pick and choose which orders you want to take with an earnings estimate. See the example below,
How much can you earn? I did a full review on How you can make a $100 or more a day with Instacart but the minimum payment is $10 per hour.
Pros of driving for Instacart
- Set your own hours
- Get paid weekly
- Work when you want
Cons of driving for Instacart:
- Some deliveries are far
- Some customers live in apartments where you will have to deliver groceries upstairs (even cases of water)
- Some days could be slow
If you have some extra time and need some money fast, you should consider Instacart. Instacart is one of the best independent courier jobs on our list.
SHIPT is pretty much the same thing as Instacart; search “driving jobs near me” to see if SHIPT is available in your area. You get paid to grocery shop and deliver the groceries. The hiring process is pretty simple as well.
The pros and cons are the same as Instacart except you get to keep 100% of the tips with Shipt!
How much can you earn? SHIPT pays on average $22 per hour which is not bad but you’ll want to check out our full Shipt Shopper review to see how you can earn $200+ in 3 hours on a weekend!
If you live in a busy metro area you could really make a lot of money with SHIPT.
Postmates drivers deliver more than just dinner. They also deliver groceries and alcohol in under an hour. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
Here’s How it Works:
- Download the Postmates Fleet app and open the app whenever you want to make money
- Easily identify busy areas in your city and the best times to pick up orders. Earn more with weekly guarantees
- Get weekly deposits or cash out instantly anytime you want
- Once you sign up, Postmates will send you a free delivery bag and prepaid card so you can deliver food, drinks, retail, and more.
How much can you earn? $3-$5 for deliveries but you also get tips. I read one report from Glassdoor where this guy made 7 deliveries and made $50 with tips and another makes $200-$300 a week.
Pros of driving for Postmates
- Work whenever you want
- Postmates offers bonuses and incentives
Cons of driving for Postmates
- You don’t know where you are dropping off orders until you accept the delivery request
- Not the best customer service support
5. Amazon Flex
Amazon Flex allows drivers to get paid by delivering packages from their own vehicles (mid-sized or larger vehicles only). To be eligible for Amazon Flex, you must be at least 21 years old.
Check out my full review and the comment section to see how it’s working for others
Here’s how it works:
- Set your own schedule – Tell Amazon when you want to make deliveries
- Pick up your packages from an Amazon Delivery Partner – when you arrive, scan and load your packages
- Reach your destination & Earn – the app will show you where to deliver with directions. After you make the delivery, check the app for your earnings.
How much can you earn? $18-$25 per hour
Pros driving for AmazonFlex
- Be your own boss/Set your own schedule
- If you show up for a selected block of deliveries and they have no packages to deliver, you get paid the predetermined price to go home
Cons of driving for AmazonFlex
- You work only when they need deliveries
- Sometimes deliveries can be far
- Currently only available in a number of States, click here to see what states they are currently in and you can also join the waiting list as they add more locations.
- Search “part time delivery jobs hiring near me” if you do not need full time work through AmazonFlex.
GrubHub drivers pick up and deliver food from restaurants; search “delivery jobs hiring near me” to see if GrubHub delivery is available in your area. You must be 19+ years of age (21+ in Chicago), 2+ years of driving experience, and pass a background check. You can also deliver on a bike if you have a valid state ID.
Here’s How It Works:
- Schedule a delivery block for when you want to work (Optional but preferred)
- Get in position – GrubHub will send you orders once you are in a predefined delivery zone and you set your status to “taking offers”
- GrubHub will send orders your way and you have 90 seconds to accept or decline (you’ll want to accept most offers)
- Before you accept the offer, you can see full details of the order and location and how much you’ll earn
- If you accept the offer, GrubHub will direct you to the restaurant for pick up
- Once you pick up the order, the GrubHub app will direct you to the final destination
How much can you earn? $10-$19 per hour plus tips
Pros of driving for GrubHub
- Work when you want
- Get paid weekly
- Pays per mile from restaurant to customer
Cons of driving for GrubHub
- Restaurants can have long wait times to make food for delivery
- Hard to get a hold of customer service
Did you find any companies you’d consider working for? I hope you enjoyed this break down on delivery jobs “in my area” and can decide which company(s) is best for you.
If you want to find more ways to make money, check out my ultimate list of ways to make money from home.
Make sure to join our FREE mompreneur tribe (if you’re a mom) on our exclusive email list. Where we send out new mom jobs, financial tips, and more! Subscribe here.
You Might Also Like
- How to Sell on Amazon and Make a Six-Figure Income
- 30 Small Business ideas you can start today
- 10 of the Best Money Earning Apps
Spread the love
Which delivery drivers get paid the most? ›
- DoorDash delivery driver. National average salary: $45,555 per year. ...
- Grubhub courier. National average salary: $47,378 per year. ...
- Instacart delivery driver. ...
- Postmates delivery driver. ...
- Caviar delivery driver. ...
- Uber Eats delivery driver. ...
- FedEx local delivery driver. ...
- UPS delivery driver.
What makes it one of the best delivery companies to work for is that it offers flexibility, meaning that you can work whenever you want and however much you want. Moreover, it is really simple to create an Uber Eats account if you have worked with Uber in the past. The best part, however, is the tips!
How much do couriers earn per parcel Yodel? - Competitive rates of pay for each parcel you deliver. We pay £0.90 for every parcel you deliver, meaning earning potential equates to the equivalent of £15 - £18 p/h (paid per parcel) - The more you deliver the more you can earn!How much does yodel pay self employed drivers? ›
Average YODEL Self Employed daily pay in the United Kingdom is approximately £38.81, which is 76% below the national average.What is the easiest way to deliver? ›
- Find the right caregiver. If you're not jiving with your doctor or midwife, now's the time to find another healthcare provider, one you have a better rapport with. ...
- Eat well. ...
- Keep fit. ...
- Consider a birth plan. ...
- Take prenatal classes. ...
- Stay mobile.
The more you deliver the more you earn.
You can realistically deliver between 16-25 parcels an hour depending on the area and your experience, for up to 6 days a week. You choose what route you'll take within your allocated postcode area and set your own targets.
Whether you drive a car or a small van (up to 3.5 tonne), Yodel can offer you between 30-120 parcels a day, up to six days a week.Do delivery drivers get paid per parcel? ›
You are paid per delivery and you'd expect to deliver around 30-120 parcels a day, 3-6 days a week. Pros: Flexibility – You can use their app to organise your route and track your workload.How do I become a self-employed courier? ›
- Get a vehicle. First things first you will need to have a reliable van or car – depending on what type of courier you'd like to be. ...
- Work out your earnings. ...
- Finding work. ...
- Focus on your business. ...
- Look at your insurance needs.
Becoming a self-employed courier driver is a great way to be your own boss, but it will mean hard work and lots of self discipline. This is because you will find yourself doing everything from making deliveries and invoicing to marketing and generating new business.
How much do Hermes delivery drivers get? ›
How much do couriers earn per parcel? Our parcel delivery driver salary is calculated on an hourly basis, with most drivers having the chance to earn a competitive rate of £10-£15 per hour.What helps deliver faster? ›
- Nipple stimulation.
- Castor oil.
- Spicy foods.
- Waiting for labor.
Overnight shipping is the quickest delivery option offered by couriers that guarantee customers will receive their order on the next business day.What is the fastest delivery option? ›
What is the fastest overnight shipping option? The fastest overnight delivery option is FedEx First Overnight. You can expect your package or envelope to be delivered by 8 a.m. the next business day in most areas.How many hours can a delivery driver work? ›
After 11 hours, drivers should take at least one period of an hour, and it is not recommended that delivery drivers work more than 12 hours on any given day. This includes continuous or accumulated driving, making deliveries, or completing other work-related tasks.How many packages do you deliver a day? ›
Some 40 years later, more than 36 million packages are being delivered per day in the United States.How long is delivery for one day only? ›
We aim to get you your stuff in 5-10 working days unless otherwise stated, but it can take longer. If we do run into any extreme delays, we will be in touch. After ordering, processing and preparing your order we will send you a tracking number that you can use to see where your goodies are.Can you get a refund if delivery is late? ›
Your consumer rights if a delivery date is missed
If the retailer was aware you needed the item on the date agreed, you are entitled to cancel the order and claim a refund.
Overall a great company with a friendly staff team. I am happy to be working here and hope to stay there for a long time. The staff are friendly and the management team are always there to help you.Does Yodel give a time slot? ›
Parcels can be delivered anytime between 7am and 7pm Monday to Saturday, we do not offer timed delivery slots. We do make some deliveries to both our Yodel serviced Collect+ delivered by Yodel stores and customers' homes on Saturdays, but not business addresses.
How much do local delivery drivers make? ›
How much does a Local Delivery Driver make? As of Nov 27, 2022, the average annual pay for a Local Delivery Driver in the United States is $36,351 a year.How much do local delivery truck drivers make? ›
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $77,500 and as low as $22,500, the majority of Local Delivery Truck Driver salaries currently range between $35,000 (25th percentile) to $51,000 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $66,000 annually across the United States.How much does Uber 2022 make? ›
Average Uber Driver Earnings. The average Uber driver earns between $8.55 and $11.77 per hour.How do I start a small courier business? ›
- Choose The Right Vehicle. To start your courier service you will need a reliable source of transportation to deliver packages. ...
- Buy The Right Equipment. ...
- Name Your Business. ...
- Insure Your Business. ...
- Marketing Your Courier Services. ...
- Join The GoShare Team. ...
- Save Your Receipts.
- An android smartphone for the delivery app & GPS.
- Your own vehicle scooter, bike, or light vehicle.
- Proof of Address.
- Vehicle Registration.
- Proof of bank details.
- Licence and registration fees.
- Fuel (petrol or diesel) costs.
- Annual road tax.
- The cost of your MOT test.
- Repairing and servicing your vehicle.
- Parking fees and toll fees.
- Interest on any loans (bank or personal) taken to pay for a vehicle.
Drivers get competitive compensation and career growth opportunities. Amazon Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) are looking for delivery associates (drivers) to help deliver packages to customers.Do self-employed delivery drivers pay tax? ›
Do I have to file a Self Assessment? As an on-demand driver, you'll be classed as self-employed from the moment your gross income exceeds the tax-free trading allowance of £1,000 per year. In other words, unless you drive only a few hours during weekends, you have to report your rideshare income and pay the taxes.Why do delivery drivers get paid less? ›
FLSA regulations provide that an employer may reimburse the actual cost or a reasonably approximate amount expended by an employee in traveling to make deliveries. As a result, many companies pay delivery drivers a flat rate per delivery to reimburse drivers for their expenses.Does Hermes pay weekly or monthly? ›
Most roles are paid on either a 4-weekly or monthly basis. This is... Depending on your role, pay is either every 4 weeks, or monthly. This is a great question to ask in an interview.
Do Hermes drivers pay for fuel? ›
Yes you pay your own fuel, but also a lot of people fail to realise the how high the vehicle maintenance costs are.Is Hermes delivery a good job? ›
Easy. Great place to work as you are your own boss, can set your own ETA's so work at a time that suits you, and it offers a great work-life balance. The pay isn't amazing but you get paid per parcel so it depends how much you want to work.Which delivery partner is best? ›
WIDE DISTRIBUTION NETWORK. Delhivery's wide distribution network makes it one of the most preferred delivery partners for e-commerce. The company's reach ensures that we are able to scale and meet increased seasonal demands as well.Is delivery job a good career? ›
Well, yes, you can potentially earn a good salary as a delivery driver, regardless of which country you are in because drivers are in high demand on virtually all continents.Which is best delivery job in India? ›
- DXC Technology. 3.2 ₹33,281per month. 3,909 reviews10 salaries reported.
- Shadowfax. 3.3 ₹31,816per month. 28 reviews31 salaries reported.
- Delhivery. 3.8 ₹26,952per month. 197 reviews168 salaries reported.
- Delhivery Pvt. Ltd. ...
- Ride.Swiggy. 3.9 ₹24,006per month. ...
- Show more companies.
With 10,000 customers, 75% of whom are major eCommerce businesses, the Delhivery shipping partner is known for its affordability. Express delivery, same-day delivery, and next-day delivery are also major services. It serves 17,500+ pin codes and handles specialized goods.Which delivery app has the best base pay? ›
DoorDash is the best delivery service app. In 2021, Second Measure found DoorDash had 55% of sales in March 2021 – more than Uber Eats and Postmates. Additionally, DoorDash offers high earnings for couriers: DoorDash drivers right now are earning $20-25 an hour.Is it hard being a delivery driver? ›
Yes, it is hard to be a delivery driver.
Delivery drivers are often expected to lift heavy objects. The physical exertions of delivery driving can make it a difficult career path. There are a number of benefits to delivery driving, though. Delivery drivers often work long hours, but these hours can be very flexible.
Working for a food delivery business might seem like a hustle but is highly rewarding. You get around $39,000 per year as an average pay for being a food delivery driver, which is higher than the average of delivery drivers working in other sectors. Hence, it is worth the hustle!How can I make good money for delivery? ›
- DoorDash. DoorDash drivers deliver food to customers from local restaurants. ...
- Instacart. Instacart offers same-day grocery delivery and pick-up services to customers who shop local grocery stores online or via the Instacart app. ...
- Postmates. ...
- Shipt. ...
- Uber Eats. ...
- Caviar. ...
- GrubHub. ...
- Local Restaurants.
Which is the fastest delivery service? ›
Delhivery, is one of the best domestic courier services in India. The company is known to provide and assist its customers efficiently at each and every step. Right from placing orders to scheduling pick-ups as well as real-time tracking of their deliveries, Delhivery provides dedicated 24/7 support.Which third party delivery service is best? ›
- DoorDash: Best For App Popularity. DoorDash. Visit Site. ...
- Grubhub: Best For Marketing Features. Grubhub. Visit Site. ...
- Uber Eats: Best For Large User Network. Uber Eats. ...
- Instacart: Best For Grocery Stores. Instacart. ...
- Drizly: Best For Alcohol Delivery. Drizly. ...
- 2ndKitchen. 2ndKitchen.